Research > OOH Metrics
Research has always been a very important parameter to measure the effectiveness of the mediums. There have been many researches conducted over the years for various mediums, but no research has ever been conducted for OOH medium. It is here that Out-of-Home Media understood the gap and initiated a research, OOH Metrics, for this medium which is today India’s first ever large scale digital Out-Of-Home TV research. Out-of-Home media conducted this research in association with Nielsen – world’s leading provider of marketing information and audience measurement.
- OOH Metrics is India’s first ever large scale digital Out-of-Home TV research conducted by OOH Media in association with Nielsen
- OOH Metrics is the only Metrics available in Outdoor Audio Visual space as of now.
- The research was conducted on a sample size of 14,574 individuals across 6 cities – Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad making it the research done with the largest sample size ever taken.
- OOH Metrics was conducted to understand the Demographic profile of the people and the audience behaviour.
This research was conducted across 6 key cities in the 3 location-verticals:
- Work (commercial properties, BPO/ITES, SME)
- Shop (Lifestyle stores, Malls, Supermarkets)
- Play (Multiplexes, Gyms, Restaurants, Bookstores)
This path breaking research profiles the likely audience as well as substantiates reach figures.
The study comprises of:
- Audience profiling of consumers visiting the location
- Insights from consumer behavior in different networks of Work, Shop and Play
- Insights / understanding audience response towards OOH Media screen to gauge screen/ad recall
The Research was presented to media at the press conference titled ‘Opening the Door’ on October 8th 2008. Mr Palal Bhattacharjee, (Associate Director, Media & Entertainment Team, The Nielsen Company) says: “Digital OOH offers a distinct dynamism that is fresh & evolving. It targets audiences who have the time & more importantly, the inclination to engage with digital advertising content. This kind of initiative on the consumer’s part brings with it a competitive advantage for this medium, not easily replicable by traditional media.” With changes in the social trends, consumer lifestyle and media fragmentation, OOH TV has emerged as the medium of the future. This medium reaches out to consumers at various touchpoints in the 24-hour media cycle or in a day in the life of the consumer. This association of OOH Media and Nielsen has led to the initiation of the first ever National Level Research on Digital OOH Medium. OOH METRICS is posed to be the research touchstone for OOH TV media.