Out-of-Home Media India Pvt. Ltd. (OOH Media) and The Nielsen Company have come together for ‘OOH Metrics’, the first and only large scale research on digital OOH TV media in India. The research included an audience profiling study across six key markets namely Bombay, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai and Hyderabad with the sample size of 14350 and in 175 centers. This path breaking research profiles the likely audience as well as substantiates reach figures.
The Research was presented at a press conference, held on 8th October in Mumbai, titled ‘Opening the Door’ as OOH METRICS is aimed at opening new opportunities for Digital OOH Research. Mr Palal Bhattacharjee, (Associate Director, Media & Entertainment Team, The Nielsen Company) said: "Digital OOH offers a distinct dynamism that is fresh & evolving. It targets audiences who have the time & more importantly, the inclination to engage with digital advertising content. This kind of initiative on the consumer’s part brings with it a competitive advantage for this medium, not easily replicable by traditional media."
Though Nielsen (the global leader of research) conducted independent brand-specific research for clients by way of Campaign Evaluation Studies for OOH Media, there was a need felt for an exhaustive study tool. Says Mr Raghu Venkatraman, VP- Media Strategy, OOH Media “OOH Metrics is a critical step forward in ensuring the growth of the Digital Out-Of-Home Medium. The efficacy of the medium is being continuously tested and proven via the Campaign Evaluation Studies but getting data on quality as well as quantity of audiences reached by us was a long felt need. With this research the attraction of Digital Out-Of- Home would only grow.” Thus the association of OOH Media and Nielsen led to the initiation of the first ever National Level Research on Digital OOH Medium. OOH METRICS is posed to be the research touchstone for OOH TV media.
Research was conducted across 6 key cities across India in 175 locations in the 3 location-verticals of OOH Media where their screens are present viz:
• Work (commercial properties, BPO/ITES, SME)
• Shop (Lifestyle stores, Malls, Supermarkets)
• Play (Multiplexes, Gyms, Restaurants, Bookstores)
The study comprised of:
• Audience profiling of consumers visiting the location
• Insights from consumer behavior of Audience in different networks of Work, Shop and Play
• Insights / understanding audience response towards OOH screen to gauge screen/ad recall
Key highlights of the research:
1) Average Weekly Reach of OOH Network in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune is 54.6 Lakhs
2) 90% of the audience across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai & Hyderabad recalled the OOH screen
3) 90% of the audience surveyed recalled any Ad being played on the OOH screen
4) Average presence of SEC A Audiences in all the six locations is above 60%
5) On an average an employee moves in & out of the OOH work locations at least 4 times a day. Therefore, on an average per day opportunity to interact with OOH Media screens is 7 to 8 minutes depending on the vertical space across each city